Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Yarn Break

Time for a yarn break to show off my new acquisitions. I didn't go crazy with the purchases but like I said previously, I bought yarn that I have never used before.

001

I've used Noro before but not the Kuryeon which is a worsted weight. I want to try to make another Vortex hat with this yarn so it might actually fit my largish head.


002
I tried to pick contrasting colors.

003
I've seen this yarn online but this is the first time to see it in person.
It is wound on a spool with 2 strands of yarn to knit 2 at a time socks and they will be identical. Genius!! I don't get freaked out if my socks aren't identical but this will be a change for me. :)
004
The colors range from bright pink to purple and blue.

006
Jitterbug in a coral orange.

009
Shades of violet.

I was gathering  clothes for another load of laundry this morning and when I picked a pair of Hector's shorts, I heard coins jingling. So I dug those out but these are cargo shorts with tons of pockets.  Next I hear a crunchy noise...what is that? I dig into a pocket empty. It took me a couple of tries to get the correct pocket and guess what I found?





Sporks!! Not just sporks but foldable sporks. :)



010

No comments:

Post a Comment