Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sock Photoshoot

I found the correct sock blockers so outside I went to take more photographs of the recent socks I made. I prefer to photograph the socks on real feet and unfortunately, these are too small for my feet (otherwise, I'd keep them). :)

Cadence Socks
Toe close up of Cadence socks.

Cadence Socks
This wilted hibiscus flower matched the sock colors exactly. Pretty!

Cadence Socks
I found a new prop to display the socks. Our run down, termite eaten fence.


The combo of the yarns and patterns I used elevated these socks into mini-works of art. That's what I like to think of them as. I hope the recipients will treasure them and actually wear them instead of tucking them into a drawer never to see the light of day.

It just shows that the right yarn will highlight the pattern and not overpower it.

Pomatomus Socks
Pomatomus toe close up.

Pomatomus Socks

Now that I finished 2 pairs in the last 5 days, I can focus on using leftover sock yarn in the next pair of socks. Ooh, that reminds me I should take more pictures of Tyler's wavy socks outside.

Off I go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment