Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wavy socks

I'm making my way through my WIPs!! Yesterday I finished another pair that has been hibernating...Tyler's Citrus Wave socks.

Tyler chose the bright mix of colored sock yarn for his pair of knitted socks for Christmas. It is bright apple green, orange with some bright pink and white. At first I just knit them but it was a tad too colorful for an 11 year old boy so I frogged them and restarted again this time with a reticulated pattern that is pretty cool and shows off the the colors to their advantage.

Tyler Socks

These socks were conceived 12-31-10 and had a long gestation period where  last weekend, I picked them up.

Voila, they are finished! Tyler LOVES them and claims they feel so good which is awesome to hear. Of course, he won't get that much use out of them since summer is around the corner but I did make them with some growing room for later this year (I hope, fingers crossed).


Tyler Socks
I took these pics at night but add about 5 times to this for the brightness factor.


There are little mistakes but that what makes them precious and special. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment