Friday, May 13, 2011

Unique

I've had my eye on  a Kusha Kusha scarf for a while and finally decided to take the plunge. I found it online at Knit Purl who has excellent customer service btw and it arrived Wednesday.

I call it yarn although its appearance is more like thread. I showed the yarn to Hector and he replied, "That's not yarn." :) True. But the ultra cool thing is that one of the yarn is a stainless steel blend with wool.

This makes the scarf/garment malleable and it stays in the position. Knit it with another yarn then later lightly felt it to produce a unique artistic item. Remember the yarn is super thin and this is supposed to be a scarf so I have a long, long way to go.

Here are some photos to get you started.

Habu textiles
I chose a lavender and charcoal gray.

Kusha Kusha scarf
up close view but looks shimmery silver from far away.

Habu stainless steel

Habu fine merino

No comments:

Post a Comment