Monday, December 03, 2007

Party Time

On Saturday night we ventured out into the chilly, crisp air to 90210 for Hector's work holiday party. This year it was held at the The Prime Grill which is a kosher steakhouse. The kids were invited and they were excited to socialize with some other kids their age. We always bring some Gameboys to keep them amused and like usual, the games were a bit hit. Dinner is usually served later because of the Sabbath and the kids get antsy for food (me too). Overall the dinner was good but not spectacular. The room where we had dinner was actually outside in a tent with about 4 heaters. I had some spicy tuna things, ribeye steak and profiteroles for dessert. I still like Morton's of Chicago better.

We left around 10:30pm because we have to get the kids to bed and just when I pull onto the 405 freeway a CHP is about 100 yards ahead of traffic slowing cars down to a complete stop. Great. I'm still on the onramp stopped and some cars are inching over to the right trying to exit but they can't. A BMW pulls over to shoulder in front of me and stops; next thing I know a young woman opens her door (driver's side), leans out and start puking! ARgH!! Ugh...and I can't move. We were stuck stopped for about 20 minutes so all that the people in their cars could do was watch this girl barf. Either she partied too hard or ate some bad food. Well I hope it was the latter because she shouldn't have been driving if she was drinking. Finally she stopped and the traffic started up again. There is a lot of construction still going on in that area so the CHP stopped traffic to get all the heavy equipment and trucks into place. Ugh....so that was how our evening ended.

I did manage to knit 2 more 'fall leaves' hat so I'm pleased how productive I was in that department but now I need to do lots of laundry and straighten up around the house.

Tyler brought home his report card and he did very well this term. Keep up the good work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment