Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Wrap-Up

We had a wonderful Christmas...how about you? We spend Christmas Eve at my SIL Lupe's house where the clan gathers for great food and fun. We brought along the Wii for entertainment for kids and adults which is always lots of fun. I made my cheesy parmesan potatoes and also some parmesan artichoke dip to complement the excellent rib roast. Everything was awesome. Most of Hector's family was there along with some nephews and niece who are all grown up and have families of their own. Lots of loud laughter and talking throughout the night plus some frantic last second gift wrapping in the bedroom with just the girls.

Like usual, everyone gets gift cards from us but I managed to knit some bracelet purses to put the gift cards inside for the girls. I also brought along all the hats I knit this year and let the girls pick out a hat. That worked out really well and the kids got a hat too. Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries so maybe I can get a pic from one of them later.

The kids got some really cute and soft bathrobes from my MIL which they wore right away. Hector gave me my gift which was the iPod touch. Sweeeet! And Carlos hooked me up with lots of itunes cards so I am set! Anyways, we stayed way too late so after getting everything gathered up and in the car, we had to drive home and arrived home at 1:30am. Ugh. We put the kids to bed then arranged the gifts and left cookies for Santa. Phew!

Of course, Tyler woke me up at 7:30am to open presents and I managed to hold him off until 9am when we all got up. The kids were so excited...Joshua absolutely loves his Jedi Starfighter and Nintendo DS while Tyler wanted to build his Lego Star Wars kit. They both love the Mario vs. Sonic Olympics games for the Wii and I admit I like it too. I got a shop vac for Hector and his own Nintendo DS with Zelda game.

Unfortunately, Hector was called into work around 11:30am Christmas day and was gone for most of the day and then had to spend the night at the hospital after 5pm until 7am the next day. I took the kids over to my mom's where we had our Chinese lunch and opened more presents. I got a very nice wrap and Best Buy gift card. My mom loves her digital picture frame loaded with over 100 pictures of the boys. I was still so exhausted from the night before so I crashed hard and slept for about 3 hours. :) Overall, we had a busy but very special Christmas time and now it's over or is it?????

No comments:

Post a Comment