Friday, November 30, 2007

Countdown

I think I'm getting a little panicky over my Christmas knitting. I really really want to knit some hats for Josh and Tyler's teachers. The only problem is that Josh has a team of teachers and aides which number up to 10-12 people. Unfortunately there is no way I can knit hats for all those people and live my normal life. So I'll just try to knit for his primary class teacher and aides and hope for the best. I need to have them finished by Dec. 20th or whatever the last day of class is.

I did finish my MIL's vest so that is complete. I just need to finish the second sock and everyone else will have to wait. Ah, my intentions were very good but somehow time got away from me these last couple of months.

This weekend I do to need to gather all my pics for the calendar project that I put together for family and friends. Thankfully Costco is pretty fast at printing them but I want to get that out of the way to concentrate on knitting.

My wish list for Christmas this year is fairly simple (to me). My SIL Lupe always says that Hector and I are VERY difficult to shop for during the holidays. I will always be extremely happy with

  1. itunes cards: I love being able to click on music and movies. Sure I can charge the amount to my credit card but it's nice to have an account with some $$ in it so I feel better about spending. Does that even make any sense?
  2. iPod touch: I know, me of all people do not NEED another iPod but something about this one looks extremely cool without the phone feature. That way maybe I can start whittling down my iPod arsenal to someone who can use it. Hector does not have an iPod (the shuffle doesn't count).
  3. Joann gift cards: I wish the Knitpicks had gift cards but Joanns will do. I always will find a reason to go to this store and see what I can score.
  4. Gift cards to bookstores (Borders or Barnes and Noble): Knitting is fun but I am always on the lookout for books to help me. Believe me, books are my first love and they complement all the hobbies that I pick up along the way.
  5. a Spa package: a massage and facial would be absolute heaven.
  6. A macro or wide angle lens: something new to play around with when the shutterbug in me wakes up.

That's my list which ranges to the simple to the extravagant. Some of these may sound boring or a cop-out but I really appreciate a gift card even though it doesn't take much thought for the giver. Okay, gotta run and knit some more. It was raining nicely this morning and after a fun romp in the rain to school, I'm enjoying being inside listening to the rain. We need it desperately this year after the fires and now will come the mudslides. But rain is good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment