Monday, July 30, 2007

Treasure

When Hector cleaned out the spare bedroom, we found all sorts of hidden and forgotten items.


  1. Mr. Beer: A Christmas gift from M about 8 years ago. This was when the micro brew beers were getting a lot of attention and Hector became pickier about the beer he drank. At the time it was thrown into the closet and forgotten. I'd see it occasionally while searching for other items in the closet but this time I thought I'd try making some brew. Hector gave me the go ahead since it's his gift and I followed the instructions exactly and now it's busy fermenting in the cupboard until Saturday when we'll bottle it and let it sit for another 1-2 weeks.

  2. Altoids poster: A gift from Hector circa 1997. We were living in Brentwood at the time and I was really into Altoids. The ads were cool but I especially like the one with the robot from Lost in Space holding a tin of Altoids saying Danger! Hector saw a poster at the bus stop and well, I somehow got it as a gift. :) It was too big to put up anywhere in our apartment so we rolled it up and put it away. It made the move with us and I found it in the closet just after we were reminiscing about it. I took it to Michaels today and it'll be in a proper frame and placed in spare bedroom in a few weeks. I still like Altoids but prefer the cinnamon ones while Hector still chooses the peppermints.

  3. Arched candleholders from Thailand: a cheap cheesy souvenir from Phuket. Almost a year ago we went to Thailand where I picked up some little things to remember our trip. I picked these out and they were wrapped up in some brown paper and lots of packing tape. I completely forgot about them until Hector asked me what it was. I promptly unwrapped them and put them on a shelf. Yay, it's fun to find unexpected items.


So that's just a few of treasures I found and there is so much more. I'll post more when I upload more pictures which reminds me...I got a new point and shoot camera (Canon SD1000). For those who know us and our messy house, things disappear in the "black hole" which is our house. I know everything should have its place but it doesn't help when I live with absent-minded people which I am becoming too. Our last little digital camera has disappeared and I'm the last one to have touched it so therefore, I lost it (sad but true). Most of time when we lose it, it turns up after a few days when one of us stumble across it. But not this time, it's been gone for about a month and I haven't seen it anywhere; not in its usual places or any unusual places. So I decided to get a new camera (and use up my gift cards). Yes, our old Nikon should be popping up somewhere now that I bought a new camera. I like having a small camera in my purse that is easy to carry around. You never know when something catches your eye!



No comments:

Post a Comment