Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Baby Steps


After procrastinating with Josh's potty-training...I buckled down and really worked with Josh this week. When Josh got up in the morning, I'd sit him down on the potty for several minutes and repeat every 2 hours. He doesn't enjoy sitting on the regular toilet (maybe a fear of falling in) so I dug out the Baby Bjorn toilet which is just a pot that a very small toddler can sit on. When Josh came home from school, I had him sit on it and he didn't protest. I gave him a Gameboy and some M & M's to give him incentive to stay put and after 10 minutes, Josh stood up and said,"All done." I figured that was enough time for one sitting but I looked in and he went potty! Yay...time to celebrate so Josh had some chocolate ice cream! It's a small step but we're slowly getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment