Thursday, July 05, 2007

Aftermath

Our July 4th celebration started off low key with us doing basically nothing while Hector had to work for 5 hours. Well, I did manage to clean the kitchen so that was good. He-man & She-ra invited themselves over which was fine. I made it clear that I wasn't doing anything special for dinner, if they wanted to bring something that was fine. Hector ended buying lots of kalbi ribs to grill and I made sticky rice. Oh and I also made some finger jello...who doesn't like jello?

After dinner, we packed up the kids and headed on out to our local park to watch the fireworks display (which is about 1 mile away). We let the kids run around and play on the playground equipment until dark until the show starts. It's a good thing I packed some popcorn and other snacks to keep them occupied; also I ran into our neighbor Laura who gave us some yummy poundcake with strawberries & blueberries. The fireworks were cool to watch but nothing spectacular.

The real fun was today. Since Hector had the day off I thought that we could take the kids back to Soak City and also invite He-man & his wards. Last time the little girl was being so bad that they had to decline the invite. So we were already to go...that is until 7:30am He-man calls to say the baby boy was up all night teething & crying so neither of them got any sleep. So they had to cancel again...bummer.

Remember when I took the kids last week to Soak City and everything was a breeze? Well, this time was the opposite. There were about 6 day camps this time and we started off the morning waiting 30 minutes in line to buy tickets. We decided to get the season passes but you can only buy them at Knott's Berry Farm (across the street) so we bought day passes which we later credited to the season passes. So if you ever plan on going to a water park, check to see if you can buy tickets online which will save you lots of time. With all the extra people there, I couldn't find any loungers under the canopies and the cabanas were all rented out but I found a couple under partial shade so that was fine. We had our usual fun in the wave pool then I thought we should grab lunch before the crowd starts. Well, it already started....if I knew if would take an hour to wait & order our food I would have played in the water longer with the kids. Instead we waited at a table while poor Hector had to stand in line. Ugh! Oh well, that's part of the day. Overall we had lots of fun and now we can come back and bypass the ticket line!

No comments:

Post a Comment