Sunday, July 01, 2007

Transferring Music

Have you ever had to transfer your music on your iPod to a new computer? I've done it a couple of years ago and it takes a couple of hours but it can be done. I upgraded to an 80 gig video iPod around Christmas time then a few months later got a new laptop. I was planning to transfer my music the way I had done previously but Hector found a thingy called The Tornado which basically hooks up to 2 computers via USB and you drag and drop files etc you want and whooooosh, it transfers to the new computer. Of course both computers must have the same programs but The Tornado worked like a charm on my photo files. The big question was how it would work with itunes? Hector managed to figure out a way (don't ask me because I still don't know) that transferred my music. He also saved all my music in a folder in case any music got left behind. So far so good but I have to make new playlists which is such a pain but I wanted to change them anyways. I had a lot of music to transfer about 3400 songs and only 3000 made the long journey to the new computer. Argh! Now I had to figure out what I was missing and compare to my old files. I know this starting to get a lot more complicated...plus I haven't synced my iPod to the new computer out of fear that my music would be erased forever! Today though I made the plunge and synced the iPod. It asked me if I wanted to erase and sync my iPod....okay, kinda scary since all my entire music is on it but I click okay. Then it asks me that there are songs on my iPod that are not in my library (I'm assuming my missing music) and do I want to add them to my library? YES! So as I type, the computer is loading all my music which hopefully is my entire catalog. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment