Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wrong Number

At 4pm. my cell phone started ringing with a weird number showing up on the caller ID. I answered the phone and a woman started speaking in an unrecognizable language. I kept saying,"Wrong number" or "speak English?" and she would rattle off a bit then hang up. I finally figured out that the number included the international code. Then 5 minutes later, she would call back. I gave Hector the phone after the 6th time she called. He tried speaking Spanish and then figured out she was speaking Portugese. He says the languages are similar then he says she won't be calling back again. But she did. Sigh...okay if you were calling another country and the person answering the phone did not speak your language or understand you, wouldn't you give up after 45 minutes of calling that phone number?

** Note: I figured out from the caller ID that the call is from Brazil. Last night, I got 2 more call from the same number but I let it ring. So far this morning, no calls...keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment