Monday, March 26, 2007

This weekend was partly busy and relaxing. Saturday was mostly spent at Hector's mom with her awesome cooking; the menu included taquitos with guacamole and red chile with pork. We pigged out and like clockwork, his mom wanted to feed us again after 2 hours. :) This time I brought some chicken curry and rice to offer some of my culinary skills. After a nice visit Hector drove us out by Crystal Lake near Azusa where the city disappears and we're surrounded by mountains and canyons. Unfortunately, Hector did not tell me that the road out there is very winding and poor Tyler started to get carsick. Thankfully he didn't get to the point where he throws up and I was starting to get a headache too.
On Sunday I spent most of the day catching up on my Netflix movies. I watched Marie Antoinette which has gorgeous costumes and settings. The movie is general was okay. I am not really familiar with her history so I just took the movie as face value...a very pretty movie mostly filled with fluff and great 80's music. Little Miss Sunshine was a really good movie. I knew just the bare facts so I had a great time when Olive did her talent routine. What a hoot. Also I didn't realize that Alan Arkin dies in the middle...he did a great job and that's why he has an Oscar.
I finished knitting A's hat so today I am starting a new style of hat. This is supposed to be easy too but I want to make this a baby (newborn). It took me several attempts to adjust the pattern and I'm still winging it as I go. At least the yarn I chose had a lot of stretch so I keeping my fingers crossed.
Once in a while our internet service gets so slow like dial-up slow so Hector figured out that our router was the problem. Today we went to Best Buy and got another one. After installing it, I couldn't connect so Hector spent some time with the customer service rep and we are back online. Yeah!
Too bad Hector didn't get that thing running this morning when the 3rd show for The Police went on sale. I logged onto Ticketmaster and the computer spent a long time searching the the best available tickets. Finally my choice popped up and of course it was at the back in the upper levels. I bought them because I searched for other dates the the prices went all the way to $3500 per seat!! So I will be perfectly happy with my $98 seat rocking with Kat on June 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment