Saturday, March 03, 2007

Rough Day

Today is a total eclipse of the moon. I heard an astrologist on the radio mention the total eclipse and how life changing events happen on these days. She mentioned that Princess Diana got married on a total eclipse, had one of her sons on a total eclipse and died on a total eclipse. I remembered all this while waiting in the ER tonight with my mom.

It all started this afternoon, my mom agreed to watch the kids while we go the Kings game. Hector took his usual time so we left at 12:45pm for a 1:00pm game. The traffic was slow and we were almost to Staples center when my mom called Hector saying she didn't feel well (her high blood pressure). So we park briefly to try and offload our tickets. The 1st period was already over but Hector found some guys who were in the upper levels who bought our tickets for $20 each. At least they got to upgrade their seats and have a better view of the game which the Kings lost. We drove home to pick up our family car and picked up the kids.

So then we thought we could catch the Ice Dogs game at Long Beach tonight which is an IHL team. We called Tyler's friend, Glenn & parents if they'd like to join us and they agreed. We said we'd swing by their house at 6pm and carpool. I had the kids all ready at 5:30pm and called my mom to check if she was feeling better. It wasn't good..she sounded awful. I told her that I would take her to the ER and she said okay. So I had to back out of the hockey game tonight and told Hector to go.

I took my mom to the ER and it was packed! Everyone and their extended family was there and it was almost like a party on one side of the room. Good thing I had the foresight to bring my knitting so I got a lot done. We arrived at 6 pm and I waited until 7:30pm to head out for some food (In-n-Out...so good) to bring back. My mom was feeling a little better but she gets these spells where her BP shoots up for no apparent reason. She feels weak and shaky. By 9pm my mom asked them to check her BP again and she decided to go home. We were almost out the door and they called out her name which we told them to cancel. Whew...this night got me thinking of the full moon/eclipse. I'm just glad my mom feels better.

The good news is that I finished Tyler's hat last night! Yeah! I finished a project! I started Josh's hat tonight so maybe I can finish it by Tuesday for our trip.




I am really happy how the hat came out. It's a little big on Tyler (heck, it fits my big head) so I'm on a mission to finish a few more. I still might add a little pom-pom on the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment