Monday, March 19, 2007










Before we decided to have kids, I really wanted to travel. So we planned and went to Europe for 25 days. It was such a fantastic trip even though we hit some snags, those memories are always looked upon fondly. Our first city was Barcelona and I absolutely fell in love with it. I especially enjoyed Gaudi's work because it is so far advanced during his time and unique. After visiting La Pedrera, I wanted to remember the moment so much that we bought 2 watercolors of the building. Of course, I then had to carry my artwork in a cardboard tube for 3 weeks but it was worth it. I put them away when we got home since we lived in a small apartment waiting for the appropriate time.




Fast forward 9 years and my prints are still in their tube. A few weeks ago, I took them to Michael's to have them framed. Hector went along and we were shocked to find out the prices! I chose a simple black wood frame for both watercolors and a black metal frame for a Dali lithograph (Dali exhibit in Berlin). The grand total was over $500! Whew...talk about sticker shock. Oh well, I was going to have them framed and good thing Hector asked about a discount. One of the watercolors would have been $325 alone! So earlier this week, my prints are ready.



So here they are...I found pics of the real deal to give reference to my watercolors. But I am so happy that I finally framed them and need to hang them hopefully this weekend. I'll always remember that trip and the special memories we shared.




















No comments:

Post a Comment