Monday, March 12, 2007

Back Home




Finally we're back home and it sure is nice. Overall, our trip was great. The weather was warm and sunny. Tyler advanced in his skiing from the bunny slopes to the intermediate lifts. We had a fun time with the our other friends but I think we'll get our own place instead of sharing. It was just hard to coordinate everything especially meals. Plus getting to and from the ski resort was such a massive undertaking for them which always had us waiting and waiting. Hector was getting really frustrated this morning when we were getting ready to leave. Last night I gathered up the kids' things and laid out their clothes for the next day and I do the same for myself. Hector takes care of his things and all of our snow gear. So this morning most of our things were ready; we just had to pack our toiletries, food and electronics. But out friends left everything to be done this morning. That made packing plus getting their kids' ready take much longer than we planned for. We wanted to check out and start driving home but had to wait for the others. The condo was in our name and we had to turn in all the keys etc so we had to wait for them to get their stuff out. It was just a frustrating end to our trip. Other than that, we had lots of fun.

Hector and I snowboarded all over the mountain yesterday. I was being careful the first couple of days and felt really relaxed yesterday. I fell more because I took more risks but we had so much fun. I have a huge bruise on my right knee from falling when getting off the lift. Oh well that was to be expected. Tyler was excited that he graduated to the steeper hills. One day we tried to find him on the beginner hill and Hector saw Tyler following his instructor off some small jumps! Cool! Too bad we didn't get any pics of it but it was great to see him concentrate and accomplish so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment