Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Safe Arrival

Well, we're in Mammoth and our trip was smooth sailing. I got up early to pack and get all the loose item together so by the time we left it was 11am. At least the traffic was light and the roads were clear after West LA.

We stopped a couple of times to eat and once to figure out a mystery noise in the back seat. At first I thought it was the speaker but it turned out that Joshua dropped a Gameboy down into the doorwell. It was making a feedback noise so that was a relief it wasn't the car.

We arrived at Holiday Inn & Suites around 5:30pm. We loaded all our stuff onto a bellhop cart and went to our room. The kids were excited because there was a popcorn cart that was free and an indoor pool. Hector and I ate our sandwiches from Schatt's and the kids had spaghetti. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep so Hector took the kids to the pool. Later he said some ladies were oohing and aahing over the kids and one of them is a swim instructor so she put Tyler through some exercises. Then she said that Tyler listens very well! Ha. Sure that time he did.

That reminds me I saw that there is a Coach store in Mammoth which got me excited. Earlier Hector went out to get the kids' takeout and when he came back he was carrying 2 Coach bags. HUH?? He explained that he slipped while walking back and the spaghetti overturned in the bag so he ran into Coach to get another bag. While he was there, he got me a gift card!! What a sweetie! Hector said that he didn't give me a Valentine's day present. So cool...later I can check out what they have at this location or hold on to it for later.

So last night I think I must have slept about 10 hours and I feel so refreshed today. We're gonna grab some breakfast, check out and do some errands. We need to get mula at the bank, rent skis for Tyler and check into the condo (which we can do early). :) Gotta run now...more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment