Friday, November 12, 2010

Editing

It's been a long time since I really had to do some more editing beyond levels etc. Lighting is so important and I am constantly working on that.

Yesterday, the kids had Veterans' Day off plus Friday to make a nice 4 day weekend. I kept the kids really busy too; the first half of the day Kat came over and we drove to Toyota Sports Center where the Kings practice and spent about a hour there watching the players. Joshua really wanted to head to the other rink for the public skate and I had to postpone that for another time since he didn't have all his warm weather gear and helmet.
003

004
We then went over to Main St in El Segundo where there is a yarn store called the Slipt Stitch. I bought 2 skeins for Noro and browsed. Further down the street we stopped for lunch and Rock n Brew for some burgers and pizza.

After lunch, we drove to El Segundo beach where the kids tried their helicopter launchers and ran around. It was a gorgeous day and very empty except for a handful of people and occasional bicyclists/skaters.

That brings me back to my topic of editing. I take a lot of pictures and with kids there is rarely a picture of them where they both are looking at me and smiling. So that's where the photoshop comes in. I should practice more but I managed okay after a couple of bad attempts.

037

This is the photo I want to use but Tyler's eyes are closed.

041

This second photo, Tyler looks good so I will snag his face.

041a
Invasion of the face snatchers....

037a_edited-1

Pasted on the original photo, edit levels and shadows and voila!!
A great photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment