Tuesday, November 23, 2010

50mm test run

Today I rented another lens because there was a special of buy a 3 day rental and get 7 days. Perfect for the Thanksgiving holidays.

My first impressions and these are my opinions since I'm not a professional at all: this lens sucks up light (in a great way). Our house faces north so sunlight is fleeting in here. I took some pictures of some late bloom tomatoes in my kitchen at 3:30pm with no lights on.
024
Normally, the picture would be dark and/or blurry so I'd have to make adjustments. But this lens is so fast it makes most of my photos look great.
016

023

012
It does getting used to no zoom but if my pictures look like this all the time, I will be very happy. Plus the lens is light and doesn't stick out so this would be a fun lens to keep on for walking around.

So far so good, I would have stayed out longer but it is freezing cold! I have my fire going and my mystery socks are in its last stage (foot) so I will try shoot more tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment