Sunday, November 28, 2010

Annis Shawl

Our long weekend is coming to an end and the kids go back to school in the morning. I had a rare morning where I got to sleep in until 10am  and might have slept longer if the phone hadn't woken us up.
018
I added clear beads which might be hard to see.

I finished my Annis shawl and it is gorgeous. I think I want to knit this up again in a laceweight. Even though the color is spectacular, it isn't really me so I will be gifting this to a lucky person on my Christmas list but the question is who? The coral color is not everyone's cup of tea but I'm thinking someone with dark hair and/or complexion? The item is a shawlette (as in not full sized) and would be nice as a scarf too.
023

I'll have to give it some thought. Meanwhile, the shawl is blocking nicely into a crescent shape with pretty points. It will look stunning and I will take more photos later when it dries.

10:50pm It's later now. The great thing about shawls/lace is that they dry really fast. :) T was a willing model to show off the prettiness.

175

174

No comments:

Post a Comment