Wednesday, November 05, 2008

scarf of infinite length

Yay for me, I finished another project. This is another random sock scarf and this one came out soooooo long. When I started I cast on to the end of the yarn and never counted the stitches. Well, it was hard for me to figure how long it was gonna turn out since it's always scrunched up on the cable so after I bound off, I was like WHOA! Resting on my neck both ends of the scarf hit the ground so I'll estimate it at 10 feet and it'll grow a bit more once it's worn. Yikes. So the recipient can easily wrap it around her neck loosely 3-4 times and it'll still be a little long. Luckily, I used sock yarn which is light and thin so it should be perfect for semi-cold weather in SoCal. I love mine. It's hard to tell the length but here it is on the loveseat. Ever since my photo field trip, I've been trying to shoot only in aperture-priority and use manual focus. It works great with inanimate objects but I'm working on it which is very enjoyable. I make many mistakes but hey, I can delete the yucky ones.
Here are some photos where I focused on a portion of the scarf while the rest blurs.

Like I said, I'm trying alot. ;)
Now I need to finish some other knitting and plan what I want to knit for the kids' teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment