Monday, August 20, 2007

Joker

I live with a bunch of jokesters. Hector knows a billion jokes (well, more like a million) and he can tell me a joke at a drop of a hat. Tyler is getting into jokes too because Grandma gave him a book of jokes so he tells me his little cheesy jokes some of which are actually funny.

example:
Q:What do you call an "X" that just got out of the shower?

A: A Kleenex (clean X)....also followed by loud laughter from Tyler

I am awful at telling jokes mostly because I can't remember how they go or butcher the punchline. The jokes I know are very cheesy and short.

example:

Q: What is the difference between a snowman and a snow-woman?

A: Snowballs!

Joshua is little more difficult to figure out if he has the joker gene like his dad & brother or take after me (lame). He doesn't tell jokes in the traditional way but he does have his own unique way of injection humor into like.

example: a recent conversation

Me: Tyler, you need haircut soon.

Hector: I need a haircut too.

Tyler: (starting the joking) I need a haircut three!

Joshua: I need a haircut ten! (a second later, we all start laughing).

Me: Joshua made a joke!

It was nice feeling to hear Joshua break out and surprise us...it gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment