Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lazy day

Today has been totally kickback so far. I finished a shawl that won't fit me but I think it'll be perfect for a niece since she is still a petite teenager. I don't know if teen girls will be interested in shawls probably more into shrugs but oh well...the shawl will find the perfect person to adorn. The pattern I used is from One-Skein Wonders so I assumed the shawl would only use 1 skein. I used one skein and had to run back to the store to find another skein which wasn't there. Luckily I found another one in my stash (thank goodness, I had the foresight to buy 2) but this design will only be good for a petite person so into the gift pile it goes.

I'm trying to find the perfect pattern for a vest which will be a gift to my MIL (mother-in-law) and so far I'm in the beginning stages. We'll see if I'll be satisfied with it. Meanwhile, during all my knitting and searching I watched 2 movies so far today which is a miraculous accomplishment for me. I saw The Last Kiss with Zach Braff...he and his almost 30-something friends have some sort of mid life crises. His character feels trapped when his girlfriend becomes pregnant and he starts a friendship with another girl while his girlfriend's parents are having their own realtionsip problems. The movie was good while not being cutsey or tying everything up into a nice happy ending. It just shows that everyone has problems and some decide to stick it out and work on their relationships. The other movie I saw was Autumn in New York which was eh okay. I didn't get anything out of it since you already have a feeling that Winona Ryder's character is going to die and make Richard Gere's character become a better person. Yawn.

I am very excited that Kevin and Bean Show is now available on podcast. Since I don't have to commute to work, I miss out on my favorite morning radio show. I think I've been a big fan of their show since they started and now I can listen to the best parts of it on my ipod. Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment