Monday, January 22, 2007



Today, Tyler is looking and feeling a little better. But you can tell he doesn't feel 100% since he's been laying in bed all morning which is unusual and has a lack of appetite (very unusual). We'll see how he does tonight so he can go back to school soon. I've such a slug on the pictures and yesterday would have been a great day for photos in Cucamonga. It was very windy so it was unusually clear and the San Gabriel mountains looked beautiful. Of course, I left my camera at home and had to pick up the boys from their Auntie Loop.

Hector forgot he was 3rd call and actually got called in to work for a couple of hours so he wasn't able to go with me to get the boys. On the way back though I drove to a little Chinese deli that Hector introduced to me about 15 years ago that serves cheap Chinese food. He had been eating there forever and we used to drive 30+ miles just to get a cheap Chinese food fix (don't ask me the name because I still don't know)! We don't make it there very much anymore but I was surprised when I walked in and one of the woman that have worked there forever greeted me like I was a long lost relative. She asked me about the kids and Hector which was really nice of her. I think the last time I walked in there was about a year ago and yet she remembered me. To be honest, this joint is in a primarily Hispanic neighborhood so I must have stood out in her mind. :) But their food is so tasty and did I mention cheap? When I first ate there a 1 entree combo (with fried rice and show mein) was $2.50 and they gave huge portions. About 5 years ago they finally raised their price to a staggering $2.60!! Outrageous. Needless to say, we always bought a few extra combos to feed us the next day. Sigh. I had the extra one for lunch today! :)


So here a couple of pics although I want to get out more and see what I can come up with. I had to buy stamps the other week and usually get the boring old stamps so this time I got some cool ones. These came in a sheet of forty stamps showing the wonders of the US...I like the bright cheery colors. Then there's a pic when the car had ice/frost on it...pretty neat too.



No comments:

Post a Comment