Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Float On







I am a native southern Californian and today was the first day I went to see the Rose Parade floats up close. I remember going to the Rose Parade early one morning when I was about 8 years old and that was my only time. Not much stands out in my mind from that experience and I'm not really a parade person but this year I thought it would be cool to go see the floats up close. Hector didn't have to go in to work until 5pm so we went to east LA to get some pozole and tamales for an early lunch. We didn't know where exactly the floats were kept but we eventually got there. Too bad that we didn't have more time because there were 47 (?) floats and plenty of people milling about trying to take pictures. It was like a fair or carnival with plenty of booths selling kettle korn, funnel cakes and burritos so the kids were very happy. Hector was like the Pied Piper with a big bag of kettle korn and our 2 boys following him wherever he went. I was happy taking pictures but we saw only about 15 floats before we had to turn around to head home. I'm tempted to go back and spend all day there to absorb everything...maybe next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment