Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Summer in January

The last couple of days has been unusally warm here; yesterday was around 80 degrees and this morning is heating up too. Then we expect the weather to get much cooler with some rain on Thursday and Friday. Why such an interest in the weather? We're planning to drive up to Big Bear this weekend which should mean some new fresh snow for the kids to play in but also big crowds with the holiday weekend too. He-man and She-ra rented a cabin for the weekend and we were invited to stay up there. What they failed to communicate is that they invited several people also like She-ra's sisters (two),her friend (and guest), us (four) and Dan with his kids (four). Okay, this is a small cabin (1 bedroom loft and 1 bathroom). I don't think this arrangement will work. I can understand inviting people but the number of people has to at least fit comfortably otherwise, rent a bigger cabin! So I am willingly withdrawing us and Dan's family from the mix. Unfortunately because of the 3 day weekend, many of the places are booked or want a minimum of 2 nights which we can't do because Hector has to go back to work. I'll leave it up to Hector because I've done planning for groups and it's not fun. It forces me to be very organized & stressed out. This all happened very last minute and I'm already in charge of planning a Mammoth ski trip in March so I had to pass this off. If we have to stay in a hotel off the mountain, that's fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment