Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Out of the Blue

Today has been all over the place. I was supposed to have lunch with Sandra but she had to cancel because of a forgotten tax appointment. No problemo. I hung out with Hector and we did some shopping for his upcoming snow trip. He found a nice jacket that has a removable liner and a pair of googles that will fit over his glasses. Hector was feeling sleepy due to a busy night at the hospital so I let him sleep while I picked up Tyler.

Tyler and I walked home with S. and her kids on their route home just to take a longer walk. S was lifting her youngest girl (age 2) by the arm and carrying her a few steps while pulling a wagon with her 2 older kids when she heard a pop & A started crying. We tried to console her but she wasn't having any of it. We tried examining her arm but she'd cry every time we touched it. Uh-oh. So I called Hector and he said it was probably nursemaid elbow (dislocated). I sent S on ahead to our house while I handled the rest of the bunch. Poor A...Hector and S are trying to pop her elbow back in but they're not sure. Her husband wasn't home yet and they only have one car so I took S and A to the pediatrician while Hector held the fort down with the remaining 4 children.

We had to wait for about 30 minutes before they were taken into a waiting room and another 30 minutes before they came out. I could hear A scream as the doctor tried to pop her elbow back into place. So now, S has to see if A feels any better tomorrow or they have to do x-rays.

So now I don't feel like cooking so we head to Vince's for their famous spaghetti. This time we didn't bring any Gameboys because I limit them only to weekends now so they brought a plane and Sonic action figure each. When we were seated, Josh fussed a bit because I sat next to Tyler but settled down once the rootbeer arrived. The food service was fast since they weren't too busy and the kids were hungry. Across the aisle an elderly couple was getting up to leave and the woman said,"Your children are so well-behaved. I didn't even know they were there!" I had this stunned look on my face and she insisted that they were indeed good. We agreed with her but maybe she saw them on a good day. She just laughed and talked to Tyler & Josh for a bit. It was a nice feeling to have a stranger compliment my kids and I do admit, they are great kids. I just had to treat them to ice cream for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment