Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Wild

I took the boys to Movie Night at Tyler's school last night. They put up a screen at the little amphitheater and people sat on blankets or chairs to watch The Wild. It was a typical kid flick, funny with fart/potty humor thrown in. This movie reminded me a lot of Madagascar. It was a nice time to spend with the boys and their classmates. We had to crowd in with Glenn's parents because Tyler wanted to sit with Glenn & Ryan. I sat on the ground because I didn't want to obstruct anyone behind me so that was a bit uncomfortable.

I was trying to get Joshua to use his potty. He is very resistant to my efforts. I put him in underwear then pull-ups over that so he can ride on the bus without having an accident and he came home completely dry. Aha, now is my chance to try to have him on the potty or so I thought. Joshua sat there for over an hour and nothing happened. I tried reading him a book, running the water and singing. He seems to be really self conscious about it and not able to relax enough to go. Arrghh. His teacher says we'd try for a week and if it didn't happen, we'd try again another time. Bah!

The kids have Monday off so we already have a playdate with Ariana & Alex. Maybe I'll load Sherri, her 3 kids and us into the truck to go another park for something different. I feel for her because they only have one car so she doesn't get out very much. I think I would go stir crazy.

The LA Kings season opener is tonight so I'm excited. Hector is at work until 5pm and he's been working a lot lately so it'll be nice to spend some time together. We splurged on half season tickets this year so lots of games to see! Go Kings Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment