Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pumpkin madness



Hmm, I made pumpkin bread for the first time yesterday. It came out all right. I made some pumpkin macadamia nut bar a long time ago (like 15 years) and I lost the recipe. I have searched the internet for the recipe but am unsuccessful. Luckily, I was talking to She-ra about the pumpkin bars and she says she has the recipe from way back when I first made them. Woo hoo! So she scanned it and e-mailed to me so maybe I'll try to make them this weekend.




Another pumpkin I dealt with was the one I carved into our jack-o-lantern. Last year I used a carving kit which came out really nice. I remember putting the tools and stencils in a ziploc but that bag has disappeared in our black hole of a house. Although, I did find the Netfliz movies that we've had for 2 months and never watched. Okay, since I couldn't find the kit and didn't want to buy another one, I had Tyler draw a face that I carved out for him. He approved the final result.

Another pumpkin food we tried this year is pumpkin ice cream (Dreyers Grand). It tastes just like pumpkin pie! Yum, the kids love it and so do I.


Tonight we are going to a Halloween night at California Adventure. The Disney characters will be dressed in costume and I'm not sure what else will go on but the kids should lots of fun. More on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment