Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Beautiful People


Last night was the InStyle/Van Cleef & Arpels party at Skybar in West Hollywood. There were displays and models showing off the Alhambra collection which was very nice. It was imho a casual type jewelry although the prices were not casual by any means. T and I enjoyed appetizers and free drinks (more on that later). The funny thing was when a Van Cleef rep was talking to us and let us try on the necklaces, a photographer was taking our pictures. To me, it was distracting and uncomfortable but it made me realize what celebs have to go through at these kind of events.


The Skybar is an open patio/courtyard with a small pool. There are nice nooks with bed/lounges and small tables to sit at. The bar is up some stairs where there are more tables and the grass covered podiums where 3 models stood looking bored. We managed to grab a table but it wasn't very crowded. The pictures of the bar are when people went downstairs and mingled at the pool area.



Overall, the event was okay. It was fun because it was at the Skybar which I saw still exclusive where one must be on the list to attend. It boils down to an overhyped bar that is really not that special. I didn't see any celebrities but I wasn't looking too hard. T and I posed for some pictures in front of the Instyle backdrop to get our Hollywood groove on!

1 comment: