Friday, October 27, 2006

Chicken taquitos


I thought maybe I'd share my simple recipe for chicken taquitos. Well, it's not really a recipe, more like instructions since it's very simple and easy. I start with cooked chicken like roast chicken from Costco and shred the meat. I use corn tortillas and warm them on a flat griddle like pan on the stove. The tortillas need to be soft so they're easier to roll, place some chicken along the middle and roll tightly that way the meat doesn't fall out during frying. The rolling part took me a while to get the hang of it. Then secure with a toothpick (see above pic for example). I pour about an inch of vegetable oil into a shallow pot and fry them up to desired golden brown or crunchiness. Drain on a wire rack over some paper towels and enjoy with guacamole. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Deb thanks for the recipe. This looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete