Saturday, September 09, 2006

Soccer Saturday

Saturday is coming to an end and it was busy. The kids woke up early (why don't they ever sleep in on Saturdays). I did some kitchen cleanup, etc. and at 11:30am I headed over to the soccer park to help sell soccer bracelets. I found a parking spot (luckily) and found the table. The lady in charge said," It's totally slow, go home." I asked several times if she was sure and she insisted everything was fine. She said,"Don't tell your family, go get a massage or your nails done." Hmm, tempting but I did go home. I convinced Tyler to ride our bikes to another park about 1.5 miles away. Hector strapped Josh onto his bike while Tyler and I rode our own bikes. It was fun. We rode around the park and Tyler whined most of the way. I tried to motivate him but sometimes I think a cattle prod would be more effective. :)

He also needed to be prodded along at his soccer game. Boy, that kid is rooted to the ground at times. Tyler did manage to kick the ball a few times but compared to the others he needs to get moving. As a whole family, we are spending more time exercising/playing to get more active and be healthy. Over the last year, Tyler gained a lot of weight. It didn't help when you add video games and junk food. So we are making a change...we cut our the video games almost completely since school started and cutting out junk food. So here is to our healthy new lives!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job! This is a new beginning to a healthy life!

    ReplyDelete