Thursday, September 28, 2006

Family Matters

The other day, Hector didn't have to go in to work until 5pm so he went to see his mom and sister. He called me later to say that he was driving them to Rose Hills in their car to put flowers on his father's grave. A few hours later, Hector called to say they had a blowout on the way home and they were all okay but the car fender was messed up. It was a good thing that Hector driving at the time because his mom and sister freaked out.


Then I found out that my nephew had a car accident a week or so ago. He is okay and it wasn't his fault but now needs to get his car fixed. There is that whole thing of dealing with other people's insurance which can be a real pain.


Last night when Hector gets home, he tells me that Anthony is coming over. I ask, "Anthony, who?"
"Anthony, our nephew."
Wow, we haven't seen Anthony is about 8 years and it turns out that he works about 2 miles from our house! He came by and I remembered him being very tall and skinny. Well, he filled out and he seems to doing really good. It was so nice to see him and we caught up on his twin sister who had a baby boy in February. Hopefully, he won't be such a stranger!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh I"m happy to hear Hector and his mom & sis was okay. I hate blowouts.

    ReplyDelete