Friday, September 29, 2006

Mountain View

We made it to Mountain View, California! My mom and I left around 11:30am and arrived here at 5:30pm. I was very good, even though I could have risen to the bait on the topics my mother brought up, I let it go. The drive up Interstate 5 was uneventful, then we switched to the 152 through Gilroy (the garlic capital) and San Jose. I was driving kinda fast down a hill when I noticed about 5 CHP cars lined up along a turnout. When I got to the bottom, a CHP officer was holding a radar gun...yikes! I think I was going 75-80mph in a 65mph zone but eased my foot the gas...ugh. I was getting a sinking feeling as I passed the CHP cars and one pulled out afterwards. Oh no! There was a Yukon that was to my right when we got clocked and I saw the driver totally slow down and eased between 2 18-wheelers. The CHP was a ways behind me and in my lane so I'm preparing myself to see flashing lights. But no, he pulls in behind the Yukon and flashes him! Whew! That was sooooo close! I should have gotten a ticket but I guess the Yukon acted more guilty than me by trying hide between those 2 trucks (I had slowed to 65mph without braking). I think we'll take the 101 home on Sunday.


We are staying at the Residence Inn but there is only one queen bed..oh well. I can't complain, this place is really nice. A couch, TV, kitchen and decent bathroom plus we got a senior discount for my mom! We had dinner at Chili's and it was okay. My mom's grilled chicken was way too salty but luckily there was a HUGE Whole Foods market across the street where we got a roast chicken. So now she is very happy.

It took a little while to figure how to get internet access but as you tell, we have success. I'll take some pictures of our room to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment