Saturday, September 16, 2006

Phuket Fantasea

I'm still using my sister-in-law pictures and this is from Phuket Fantasea. This is a stage show that was about 15 minutes highlighting Thailand's culture. Hector thinks that all the women on stage were men and I can't tell. Some of the perfomers were definitely men dressed as women but the others were harder to tell.


Yikes! The mahoot (elephant handler) got this great picture of Lupe & Tyler's elephant. He does some kind of signal or command and the elephant opens its mouth and raises its trunk. Later when we were trekking down the mountain, their elephant slipped a little and the mahoot smacked the elephant hard in the head with their stick! Twice. It's awful but I think it is to keep the elephant in line because if they go mad, they kill the elephant.

And here is our breakfast with the orangutans at the Singapore Zoo. We had such a better time at the elephant rehab center with the gibbons. Here we had a buffet breakfast and then we're allowed to take a picture next to the orangutan. It is very fast with other waiting in line so we didn't have a chance to really observe the orangutan. Kind of a let-down. Overall, I did enjoy the zoo but I would skip the breakfast if I could do it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment