Monday, July 18, 2011

this is how we lived thru Carmegeddon...

For a weekend that didn't involve driving, it sure was packed with activities and one massive kid gathering. Hector kicked off the weekend by purchasing a Honda Trail 90 off of Craigslist that needs TLC but is small enough for Tyler and me to learn on. Even though it is a 1978, this bike is popular and will run forever.

1978 Honda Trail 90

1978 Honda Trail 90


I spent the afternoon preparing for 5 more kids descending upon our house ranging from 2 to 12 years old. It was loud, crowded and fun. Pizza, chicken and mojos were served along with strawberry pie, shave ice and jello.

We had a fireworks mini-show which is always a kid pleaser.

039

051

Plus a couple that nearly blinded us! I can't even begin to describe how bright this strobe-like one was. I was overcome and could only manage a couple of shots.

109
Hector's HUGE shadow in the background. This was just a warm-up.

112
It was like this bright the entire time but add strobe-like effects to it and you'll get the picture.

Sunday was for resting and recovery mode. The 405 opened early and life went on...
Hector and I finished Last Exile which I sort of lost attention in the ending episoded but I enjoyed it. Not too violent and interesting storyline. Vivid imaginations.

I knit all day and made a bunny (see previous post). Monday is still recovery day for me with dishes and laundry thrown in for good measure. I leave for my mini-cruise with Kat to mingle with NHL hockey players while Hector & the boys will find something to amuse themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment