Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Skew

In June, my SKA group had self striping yarn challenge knit is a different way to break up the striping effect into ie. waves, diagonals and so many people were knitting Skew that I wanted to join in. I had already knit Skew twice before so I wasn't eligible for prizes but hey, I get a pair of socks from my efforts!

Skewed
Slimming on the ankles.

The next issue was finding some self striping yarn in my stash. For a while I had way too many self striping but I've steered clear of them for some time but I dug deep into some bins and found some Regia self striping yarn with elastic. Perfect. From my past experience Skew can be rather tight across the heel/instep and it takes careful struggling to get them on but once they're on my feet, they are swesome socks.

Skewed

The elastic seemed to help this issue although I am still careful when putting them on, mostly the construction of the sock is unusual and not stretchy like a typical sock.

Skewed
Nifty.

For a time, these were languishing in a ziploc but I got motivated again to finish them off. They are really stunning with lovely beachy colors and I can't wait for the weather to get a bit colder to wear them! :)

Skewed
The heels are the coolest feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment