Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Streaming

We have Netflix but I'm pretty inconsistent with the DVDs. They arrive and if I don't watch them right away, they will sit for long periods of time before I remember to watch them or send them back because the movie is on HBO. Enter streaming...instant queue is the latest and greatest (for me). I can add what is available to my library and watch it whenever I want. It's like have another DVR but offers totally different things. I can watch documentaries, series and anime. Oh, the anime. I've tried watching them and it's hard to keep up with them on TV. A measley 30 minute episode and then wait another week for the next week. On instant queue I can watch 4 episodes and get way more satisfaction from it.

We originally began streaming with the Wii but that wasn't all that great. Enter the new TV, a Sony Bravia that has Netflix built into the TV. Just hook it up to the internet and your library is there! It keeps track of what I've watched so I never forget.

It started with Full Metal Alchemist which we have on DVD and I really like it but couldn't keep up or forget what episode I was on. A new version or retooling of this series is called Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood that has me interested again. I've already seen the first 2 parts and now part 3 is available ! Now I've added full seasons of anime that look interesting and there are tons. Hector and I watched Last Exile which was pretty good.

Hector recently got us a Ooooo-ray player (or Blu-ray) that does the same thing but this is for the master bedroom. Yeah, I can watch my shows upstairs because some of them aren't suitable for kids. :) I just need Hector to tell me how to hook it up to the internet and we're good to go.

 Yes, I know Netflix is changing their fees but it can be worth it if I can have more to watch. Bye to HBO & Startz...

Now to watch True Grit....

No comments:

Post a Comment