Friday, June 03, 2011

TGIF

Yay, it's Friday!! School is winding down and there are all sorts of school activities coming up especially since Tyler will soon be done with elementary school. He has a farewell program, park day and exit party coming up in the next 2 weeks.

Josh has his last big school project today; he give a presentation on Wayne Gretzky. :) We will have to work on memorizing in the future since it will be more important as time goes on. 

But on to knitting...several project OTN like usual. My SKA (sock knitters anonymous) group has a self striping sock challenge this month and I have one going already but since I've already knit this pattern it will not qualify because I've knit it before and won't be a challenge. I was looking for another striping yarn & pattern that I thought would work okay but the cotton in the yarn is not as ideal for socks IMO. Thinking cap back on, I ditched the socks idea and found a baby sweater pattern that would be perfect for the cotton sock yarn. I know one person who is due in November but I'd rather hold on to this for an actual friend who is going through in vitro and truly hope they will get pregnant.

Patches baby sweater: in progress

Close up of the artichoke.
another better photo of my artichoke socks
We have another busy weekend ahead of us and hopefully tonight we can see the grunion run. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment