Sunday, June 12, 2011

RAW attempt

From what I understand the majority of professional photgraphers shoot in RAW. I've heard that it makes editing more precise and there are probably more reasons that I can't remember so I've decided to switch and give it a go.

There are no differences in shooting in RAW that I can notice but uploading and processing becomes very different for me than usual. First, my default Windows program doesn't recognize the RAW files to display them for me to view. I have to open the software Digital Photo Professional (from Canon that came with the camera) to view them. Okay. That part I've got now after going around in circles the first few times. Editing the photos take some getting used to but it's not difficult for my basic needs. Now my problem is displaying them on my blog or Facebook or just in general for the public(Flickr). I can't upload RAW (as far as I know) so the RAW photos I want to upload I have to convert to jpegs. That seems like a waste in memory and space to me. Granted I am NOT a professional photographer so maybe I will have to remember to shoot in jpeg for my own personal photos and maybe try RAW again when I need to.

I think I need to do more research in this area.

Martini Glass

So this brings me to this photo...I shot a bit around the house the other day and I like several of them but not enough to convert them all to jpegs after some editing. So you'll have to be content with the one photo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment