Friday, February 25, 2011

Damage Control

Remember a few days ago when Joshua lost his tooth...well, I seriously dropped the ball when I went to wake Josh up the next morning to find him in the fetal position already awake. He said in a very sad voice that the tooth fairy didn't come that night. Epic fail. He then started crying and I felt so bad I gave him $5. I do not think well on my feet in a crisis so I blurted out that mom & dad leave money which I felt awful about.

Of course a minute later, I realized that I should have made up something since its only his 2nd tooth he lost. I told Hector knowing he would come up with a good excuse. Hector said that the tooth fairy takes Tuesdays off. Duuhhhh.

That night he brought home a plain card and I wrote a note from the tooth fairy explaining the lateness etc with more $.

The next morning, Josh came into our bedroom saying the tooth fairy left him a note. He seemed satisfied with it so hopefully my lame explanation (truth) never sunk into his brain. Phew, thanks honey.

Monkey Boy
See? Josh survived the ordeal I put him through.


Monkey Boy
He enjoys the many ways to wear Kat's monkey hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment