Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Before the Rain

We are expecting rain for the rest of the week. It began drizzling Tuesday morning on and off so basketball practice was cancelled.

before the storm
The kids didn't want to wait for me to finish taking photos so I let them head down to the nearly deserted beach.

Earlier the clouds were solid, gray and gloomy but during the afternoon,  the clouds parted to give way to bits of blue skies and sun.

before the storm
View from the parking lot.

I decided to take advantage of the cancelled practice to head to the beach and see how the view was. Meanwhile the kids really wanted to play kickball so it all worked out.

before the storm
I really like this pic. Too bad the sinkhole is there but oh well.

before the storm
View of Palos Verdes with my kids playing by the lifeguard tower.
Four miles to the beach and the kids took off down the steep hill to play in the sand. The clouds clumped up more than I liked but it was still fun and nice for the kids to run around. They would have stayed a lot longer but after 15 minutes, I was freezing. I look forward to more days at the beach.

before the storm

before the storm
Candid moment with the boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment