Sunday, July 06, 2008

Ta-Da







I managed to whip out a hat and practice a new technique. After my disastrous attempt(s) at the provisional cast on, I browsed Ravelry for some hat patterns. Like usual I found several and after some thinking, I chose Leef's ear flap hat which uses Fair Isle or stranded knitting. I read the pattern several times to make sure I understood what I had to do and dove in. It took me a night of knitting but I finished it! I used some leftover yarn that I have laying around that will look nice for winter skiing or playing. The chart was easy to follow and once I got the hang of 2 strands of yarn hanging there, it was fun.
It fits Josh's head but I think I'll save it for a future gift for a toddler boy. Plus the pattern gives instructions on how to increase/decrease the size so I'm definitely making more.

No comments:

Post a Comment