Sunday, July 13, 2008

stop and go

well, I've dragged my feet on this Harry Potter scarf for far too long and now I am desparately trying to finish it up because the recipient's birthday is the 18th. I've made really good progress on the scarf once I put my mind to it but I got this insane idea (from Ravelry) to add the Griffindor lion to the scarf. I'll find the link but this person put out a free pattern of a handbag with the cool Griffindor symbol on it. I printed it out and had to isolate the lion from the other parts and was happy to see that it would fit on the scarf I was knitting. So it was off to CVS to find some graph paper and tracing paper for future patterns. So now I've started the lion which I've had to start upside down because of the direction of the knitting. It'll look really cool even though it is not an official looking Harry Potter scarf ; it is my interpretation of it with a nice embellishment.

I should have this finished in a day or so but I'm taking the day off to head out to the OC Fair with Kat for our annual Chris Isaak date. We get to graze on all the great fair food and look at all the stuff people have to sell etc. Maybe even try our luck with some of the games to win the cute stuffed animals of the year.

Plus my carpal tunnel is acting up lately so this will give it some time off to rest then I can tackle the rest of that scarf tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment