Friday, July 11, 2008

indoor activities

Yesterday we did a lot. Inside. Hector's bro Carlos is here for a visit too and we just hung out. The kids kept busy playing until it was time for Josh to head for school. Hector didn't have to work until 3 pm so he helped my mom go to her new MD and got us lunch. We decided to have Guilianos which is an Italian deli...very good sandwiches. The last couple of times though they've gotten my order wrong. I like roast beef with lettuce, tomato, mayo and pepper jack cheese. One time they added mustard which I do like but not on that particular sandwich. Hector orders the kids sandwich special too and that has been wrong a few times too. So this time the guys come back with our sandwiches and Hector takes off to pick up my mom from the MD. Hmmm, my sandwich looks fine as I inspect it, no visible signs of mustard. I start eating then I notice a different taste...kinda spicy. What is that? A few more bites and I realize it's horseradish. Lots of it. My nose/sinuses begin to burn and ugh I can't eat any more. And I like the stuff, the creamy kind of horseradish with my prime rib but this was a lot stronger. I'm thinking, what did I do to deserve this?
Hector comes home and I tell him that Guilianos has done it again. He says, Oh when I called and ordered your sandwich and told the special order. Carlos asked if they have horseradish mayo so they go find out and the girl said no. Well, they guys leave it at that but someone must have thought I wanted horseradish and decided to liberally apply it on my sandwich. Okay, so in the future, no extra talking or conversation that will influence my sandwich preparation in any way, please! Btw, I had to trade with Hector for his sandwich so I could have my lunch. I just had to pick off the onions and pepperocinis.
I really had to pick up my never-ending scarf (Harry Potter) to finish by July 18th for my friends mom bday. I did manage to knit about a foot so only 3-4 feet to go. I think I can do it. That project has been languishing in a box for several months so I want to be done with it. I told Kat that this is an one time only thing from me because it it soooooo boring.
Carlos and Tyler went off to find a fishing game for the PS2 and brought home some ice cream. Yay. I left Josh with it and when I came back it was nearly gone! The stinker. Tyler spent the rest of the day practicing fishing then teaching me how to catch one. That was fun. Earlier in the day, we had taken a short break and played Rockband. Tyler did guitar while I tried the drums. I am really uncoordinated but I'm improving. Carlos was amused by the whole thing.
All righty, off to find some breakfast and then back to knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment