Thursday, July 03, 2008

hobbies

This past year has been full of surprises in the choices of hobbies and entertainment. The knitting is now a full blown hobby that has replaced reading and it's not really surprising to me. But bowling? For a while Hector and I were bowling every week having a good time even though after the 3rd game Hector's leg would start aching and eventually we got too busy. For Hector's birthday, I got him an electronic dartboard on a whim which he set up in our dining room. Yes an unusual place but it works since we have the world's ugliest wallpaper in there, it doesn't matter. We started with 301 and games like that but graduated to cricket. Since I'm the newbie, I'd take "mulligans" or re dos like crazy and the games would be entertaining. Lately every night after the kids go to bed, we'd play cricket and I now limit myself to the 3 darts. I was getting my butt kicked left and right but the last couple of nights, I've been winning. I either really improved or Hector sucked (a little of both maybe). :) One of the games, Hector counted that I hit & scored on 7 bulls eyes. So that is our latest couple thing to do. Tonight we're going to another concert at Hollywood Park to see Missing Persons and When in Rome. 80's here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment