Friday, June 06, 2008

Up and At em

Ahhh, it's nice to sleep in on the weekends. I think I managed a whole extra 30 minutes. Less than a year ago Josh would wake up during the night, come into our bedroom avoiding Hector's side and squeeze in beside me. I don't remember waking or anything but would wake up with Josh snuggled in the next morning. He now sleeps through the night but occasionally still comes in the weekends. I'm not sure how he knows this but he does. It's nice to have him cuddle still while he is semi-small. :) If Tyler decides to get in our bed, it's game over. Our poor queen bed can't handle that many people so we usually have him lay at the foot of the bed or one of us has to get out. It's time for that CAL KING bed..

Also during the week I have wake up Tyler and sometimes it is a struggle to get him out of bed. But on the weekends, he wakes up earlier than he does on weekdays to go downstairs to read or play video games. I think it's weird.

Well we did see Kung Fu Panda yesterday and it was fun. All of us liked and enjoyed it. It is a big leap for Josh since he has been fearful of movie theatres for a couple of years. It might have been because of the big dark room or loud surround sound but he used to start crying and resisting at the doors. We explain and try to get him to understand but he would be all freaked out. So this was a big test for him and he gave us no problems at all. I think he sees all the previews for upcoming movies and genuinely wants to see them. Something has clicked with him and I'm happy. Maybe later tonight we can catch Speed Racer at the drive-in. That is more like sitting in the family room and watching a movie on TV but with lots of snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment