Thursday, June 05, 2008

baking

I had 2 very ripe bananas so I threw them in the fridge to keep away those pesky little fruit flies until I could find an appropriate recipe for them. I wanted to stay away from the standard banana bread and I saw a recipe for pumpkin banana bread. Hmmmm...so off to the store for some packed pumpkin and I made it. Instead of loaves, I used mini-muffin and muffin pans and had to adjust the time but they came out great. Josh devoured 4 of the minis while Sherri had some of each size. I didn't take any pictures because I was too lazy and hungry.

We browsed thru the books and decided we should 'try' to make a new item a week. Sherri immediately zoomed in on strawberry pie which sounds great for the summer weather. We had fun going through the books then I asked if she ever went to Trader Joes. Well she loves their flyers but didn't know where our nearest one was so we packed up the kids and headed over right away. It was fun lingering thru the aisles although it's pretty hard to browse when you have 2 active kids with you. I picked up some orange chicken, salami, a chicken salad (I had it for lunch), artichoke parmesan dip, milk and wine.

I plan to make some red chile for us tonight and maybe the kids can try the orange chicken with rice. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment