Friday, June 27, 2008

Leftovers



I managed to finish a weekend project. Yay. I found this on Ravelry and it is a cute scarf using up all those bits of leftover sock yarn. Here is the link.




It was a fun project to knit...picking our random balls of yarn for each row. I made it narrower than the original but it's very cute.


Another project for leftover sock yarn are these adorable baby booties. I don't have the link handy but I'll look for it. I'm thinking I'll give this to She-ra who is expecting a baby around Thanksgiving time. This yarn has nice fall colors like red, rust and green. Plus it has that unisex vibe since She-ra and He-man do not want to know the sex of the baby. This makes my knitting very limited in colors and types but oh well.
I still have leftover yarn even after the scarf and booties so I'm off to find something else to knit using sock yarn. Too bad I'm so slow at knitting socks but these give me a good diversion until I do tackle another pair of socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment