Monday, June 23, 2008

Improvisation

Today, the kids had a play date at Sherri's but as we were slathering on sunscreen Sherri called to say that the pool fence is being painted again so the pool is closed. Noooooo. Hmm, wait our next door neighbor has a pool which we are welcome to use so let's do that. Problem solved. Sherri brought her kids over and we had a blast swimming and splashing. The heat wave is over so it was a nice and pleasant day. While the kids tried out the new Subskate thingies, the grownups played nerf football.

We spent the rest of the morning/afternoon hanging out, playing darts and blowing bubbles.



Now I need to improvise a scarf pattern for this great yarn my cousin Hannah gave me. It is a ball of recycled silk yarn and from what I can research (on Ravelry) it looks like sari silk. The yarn has gorgeous and vibrant colors with varied textures so I think a scarf will show off the yarn at its best. But I've tried a couple of ideas and had to ditch them after a couple of rows. Just wasn't feeling it. Sigh. I'll have to do some more digging around for the perfect pattern. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment